Receipe Yield: 2-3 servings
My mom used to make this kind of paratha’s with every green leafy veggies she can b’coz we were very picky eater, so she used to knead the dough with the leaves. Its very easy and it take very little time.
- 1 bunch spinach, wash and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 Small red Onion, finely chopped
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoons Tumeric powder
- 1 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1 Tablespoons ajwain(carom seeds)
- 1 Tablespoons Kalonji(black onion seed)
- 3 1/2 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 cups golden raisins
- 3 Tablespoons Olive oil n more to galze the paratha while cooking
- Salt to taste
- Add the finely chopped spinach leaves, coriander leaves chopped red onions and green chillies.
- Add Red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ajwain(carom seeds), Kalonji(black onion seed), rasins and salt to taste.
- Mix all these ingredients together. You will see the spinach quantity will be reduced to half.
- Now add the wheat flour to the mixture and mix all this together.
- Add olive oil to this mixture so that you get soft paratha’s.
- While kneading the dough you have to be careful with the water b’coz spinach is going to release lots of moisture, so start with very less of water and add if you need more.
- Knead to form a dough.
- Keep the dough in the refrigerator for atleast 30 minutes.
- When you are ready to make paratha’s divide the dough into small equal-sized portions and roll between your hands till they are smooth .
- Roll out the paratha’s in circle.
- Heat the griddle and fry the paratha by glazing the oil on the surface of the paratha.
- Repeat this for the other side of paratha too. The paratha is done when both the side is golden brown or crispy.
Serve it with curd and pickles of your choice.