Soya chunks/Nutrela n tomato rice
This delicious soya chunks/Nutrela n tomato rice is the easiest and the fast meal to prepare any day, literally in 25-30minutes. Ofcourse if you are using the pressure cooker for preparaing this meal. I always go for those meals which takes very little time to prepare with little of ingredients and are delicious. …YUM.
Receipe Yield: 2 servings
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice, wahsed, drained and soak for 5-7 mins
- 1 1/2 cups soya chunks/soyabean
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cups chopped green coriander leaves to garnish
- 1 small red onion, cut in slices
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds, let it get light brown in color. Now, Add the sliced red onions, ginger, green chillies and garlic and saute for about 2-3 minutes or until it turns light brown.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt to taste and cook it until the oil gets seperated from the mixture about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the soya chunks and stir it with the mixture, add the soaked rice and enough water to cook the rice.
- Once the rice is done garnish this with the chopped coriander leaves and serve hot or at room temperature.
I also serve this with hard boiled egg. Enjoi….!!