Soya chunks/nutrela with potatoes
I like to use soya chunks/nutrela coz of its nutritive value, its rich in protein. Soya chunks/nutrela is sold in every indian store and its like a dry nuggets. I like to make this with potatoes and serve as a side dish with roti’s/indian bread, i use pressure cooker to make this dish which makes real quick and easy.
2 cups soya chunks/Nutrela
1 large potato, cubed
1 large white onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ginger grated
1 green chilli, de-vined and chopped
1/3 cup crushed tomatoes
1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 tablespoon oil
salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and let it get brown.
- Add the chopped onions, garlic, ginger and chillies(both the green and red chilli flakes) to the oil and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tumeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt, cook until the masala separates from the oil.
- Add cubed potatoes and soya chunks to the pressure cooker with enough water for one whistle.
- Serve it as a side dish with roti’s/indian bread.