Chicken and Pepper Sandwich with Portabella Mushrooms
Sandwiches are very easy to create and healthy too. You can have sandwiches with your leftovers dishes by arranging them in between two slices of bread. You can use different varieties of pan-fried or roasted vegetables and you have wonderful healthy meal. I love to make my sandwiches with the italian bread called ‘Ciabatta’ , its has firm crust and dense crumb. It’s the bread used to make Panini. Here we go with the recipe for my chicken and pepper Sandwich.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 Portabella mushrooms, sliced( before slicing take out the gills of the mushrooms with the help of a spoon)
- 1 large Ciabatta bread, halved horizontally
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 spring onion, chopped, only the green part
- 1 garlic clove
- freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
- 3-4 tablespoon of olive oil
- salt to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Grind together coriander leaves, spring onions and garlic into fine paste. Once done mix it well with 1/2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and salt. Keep it aside.
- Marinate the chicken breast with salt and pepper and cook it in a pan for about 4-5 minutes each side. Once done let it rest for sometime about 5 minutes and then carefully slice the breast to make two pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, add bell peppers, portabella mushrooms and season it with very less salt and sauté it for about 5 minutes and keep it aside.
- Grate or cut thin slices of parmesan cheese and keep.
- Warm the bread in oven or on pan for 2-3 minutes to make it soft.
- For assembling the sandwiches, take the bottom half of bread, spread it with coriander and spring onion paste, place the chicken pieces on top of the spread, add sautéed bell peppers, mushrooms and thin slices of parmesan cheese on top. Cover it with the top half of the ciabatta bread and cut into individual servings to serve.