Cabbage ka Sabzi
Cabbage is also called patta gobi in hindi and its a good source of vitamin C and riboflavin/vitamin B2, it is low in calories too . I like to prepare cabbage ka sabzi with the combination of peas and potatoes and have it with parathas or rotis. Whenever i see a beautiful cabbage in grocery store I usually buy it and the good thing is that I don’t have to come and clean and prepare its sabzi within days or so coz it will remain fresh for a week in fridge without getting spoil. And when I cannot think of any menu I just make this simple, easy and comfort food to go with parathas .
- 1 small size cabbage
- 1 medium-sized potato, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoon oil
- salt to taste
- Remove the outer layer of Cabbage and cut them into long strips. Wash them under running tap water and drain.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, add cumin seeds and let it get brown.
- Add chopped onion followed by garlic, ginger and green chillies to the pan and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add crushed tomatoes, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt to taste. Stir the masala well.
- Add potatoes, cabbage , green peas and mix them well with masala, cover the lid of the pan and cook until the quantity of the cabbage is reduced.
- Cook uncovered for about 6-7 minutes more , to evaporates the moisture collected.
- Serve with Paratha’s or roti’s.