This is one of another way in which i prepare beans. This sabzi goes very well with hot paratha’s or roti’s as side dish. Usually I add potatoes but you can avoid if you want to, but I love potatoes so just keeping adding with whatever veggies i can.
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 1 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 3 tablespoon oil
- salt to taste
- Trimmed and cut the beans into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-heat , add cumin seeds and let it get brown.
- Add onions followed by garlic, ginger and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, green chillies and salt to taste and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add potatoes and beans to the pan and mix well with the masala , cover the pan and cook until the beans and potatoes are soft.
- Serve hot with paratha’s or roti’s as side dish.
Leftovers: You can keep the veggies in between two slices of bread and toast the bread on flat skillet, and you have a wonderful delicious lunch.
Have a Nice weekend everyone!