Spring onion ka sabzi/stir fry
Spring onions are also called scallions or green onions. They are high in fibers, calcium and iron with little saturated fat and no cholesterol. I make sabzi with spring onions whenever I get fresh spring onions from market. I really like the mild onion flavor in the sabzi.It goes perfect as side dish with rotis/indian bread. This is very simple stir fry/sabzi with potatoes and some indian masala.
- 7-8 spring onion sticks
- 1 large Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut in small cubes.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- Cut and remove root from spring onions and any hard outer layer from it.
- Wash and chop the bulbs as well as the leaves and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in pan over medium high heat, add cumin seeds and let it get brown.
- Add potatoes to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Now add chopped spring onions followed by turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and salt to taste. Stir in well.
- Cover the lid of the pan and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Uncover the pan now and cook to evaporates any moisture in pan.
- Serve as side dish with roti’s/indian bread.