I love to make mix vegetable as side dish to go with roti’s/Paratha. Usually i see whats there in the fridge and decide according to that. So today i have prepared mix vegetable sabzi using carrots, green bell pepper and potatoes. The taste of these three veggies really compliment each other.
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 medium-sized carrot
- 1 medium-sized potato
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1 /2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- salt to taste
- Cut all the veggies approximately in the same size.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium high heat, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and let it get brown and splutter.
- Add chopped onions, garlic, ginger and green chillies to the pan and cook until onions get translucent.
- Add crushed tomatoes, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt to taste and cook until oil separates.
- Now add the veggies together and stir in well.
- Cover the pan and cook until the veggies are tender and fully cooked.
- Uncover the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes more.
- Serve hot with roti’s/indian bread as side dish.