Spaghetti in tomato sauce
This is the easiest tomato sauce I have ever made for pasta, it is very simple yet tastes divine. As I have already said at my home me and my husband love to have pasta any time. The main ingredient for this recipe as the name suggests is tomatoes. I always like to use crushed tomatoes in my cooking as it give wonderful color to the food and also I do not have to go through the process of washing and chopping them.
- 6 ounces whole wheat or whole grain spaghetti
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat, add onions, garlic, red chili flakes and cook it for 2-3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Now add crushed tomatoes, dried oregano, salt to taste and cook until oil separates.
- Now add the cooked spaghetti and grated parmesan cheese to the sauce and mix everything well.
- Garnish with little of parmesan cheese on top and serve.