Banana nuts muffins
As usual whenever I see Ina baking something I feel like baking on the same day or on the coming weekend.
So, recently I saw her baking banana nut muffins with granola, I could not wait to try it. I had some bananas but they were not that much ripen required by the recipe. So, I got ripen banana from the store to make this muffins, funny right everyone makes banana muffins when they have ripen banana on hand and in my case it’s totally different. Anyways I made this and it turned out awesome. Had a friend visiting at my place and got some compliments from her that she do not like to eat muffins as they tastes very sweet but yours are perfect, they are delicious. So, here goes the recipe:
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup walnut, slightly roasted, and roughly chopped
- 1 cup granola cereal
- 2 grated banana
- 1 banana, diced in small pieces
- Pre heat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit
- Heat a skillet and slightly roast the walnuts, do not take your eyes of it or else it will get burn. Slightly roasting walnuts give wonderful taste of the nuts.
- In a large bowl, combine dry all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and keep it aside.
- In a bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar until blended completely.
- Add one eggs at a time and mix well. Now add vanilla extract, sour cream and mix well.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combine together.
- With the help spatula fold in grated banana, banana chunks, granola and walnuts to the batter and mix well. do not over mix the batter.
- Prepare a muffins tin by placing liners and brush the outer part of the tray with butter .
- Spoon the batter in the prepared muffins tins with liners and sprinkle some granola on the top and bake .
- Bake for 20-25 minutes on 350 deg fahrenheit or until a tooth pick inserted come out clean.
- Cool it on wire rack and serve at room temperature.
Note: Grate and diced bananas in the end when you are done mixing the batter completely otherwise it will turn black .