Sprouted Moong beans salad cum stir fry
My mom would make this kind of salad cum stir fry for Sundays breakfast. Moong beans sprouts are easy to grow and has a lot of nutritional value. I had some Moong beans sitting in my pantry for a long time so I thought of making this for our sunday brunch last week. This stir fry cum salad is very simple dish to prepare but in order to make this you have to plan ahead at least 2 days before coz we need to sprout the beans.
- 2 cups Mung/Moong beans
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 2 green chillies
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 6-7 curry leaves
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 small tomato,chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 lemon for juice
- green coriander leaves for garnishing
- Soak Moong beans overnight and the next day wash the same and drain well.
- keep the soaked beans in a clean kitchen towel with little moisture, tie the cloth and keep it in a cool dark place for 1 day and you will end up with sprouted beans.
- Wash the sprouted beans and drain well.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat, add cumin seeds and let it get brown.
- Add onions, green chillies, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add sprouted beans and stir well. Cover the pan and cook until beans are tender not mushy.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes, onions, cucumber, coriander leaves, lemon juice and serve.
Thanks everyone for visting my blog and for all your lovely comments here…really appreciated.