Split Urad dal with Rajma
This is one more dal recipe in which I have used spilt urad dal and rajma/kidney beans. I love this two combination of dals together, its a great dish with roti and rice.
- 1 cup spilt urad dal
- 1/4 cup rajma
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 green chillies
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 medium-sized tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- 6-7 curry leaves
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Wash and pressure cook dal with turmeric powder, salt to taste and water.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, add cumin seeds and let it get brown.
- Add chopped onions, garlic, ginger, green chillies and cook until onions get translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, curry leaves, salt to taste and cook until masala separates from oil about 3-4 minutes.
- Add cooked dal in the pan with some water for consistency. Stir well and give a boil.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.