I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Here this weekend we had a nice weather to enjoy outside and we really had wonderful time with our friends visiting us. We went to casino and need less to say we enjoyed more even after losing money. Anyways coming back to the post which is a simple rice dish .
Who does not love one pot meal, it’s the easiest and quickest thing to fix in jiffy without compromising the taste. Usually I use what all veggies I have in the fridge for this. I make this on any busy weekend for the lunch and serve with yogurt and some onion salad. It is the best comfort food any time. My mom use to give this for lunch to school whenever we said that we are tired of having rotis. So, she will make this and pack our lunch boxes with some pickle. So, here goes the recipe for the same:
- 1 cups basmati rice
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 inch grated ginger
- 1 small tomatoes, cut in cubes
- 1/4 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 medium-sized carrot, cut in small cubes
- 1 cup soya chunks/Nutrela
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- Put rice in a bowl and wash rice for 2-3 times or until the water runs clear. Soak the same for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker, add cumin seeds and let it get brown.
- Add garlic, ginger followed by onions and cook until cook are brown.
- Add cubed tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets, carrots, peas and soya chunks(Nutrela) and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add washed basmati rice to the masala with 1 1/2 cups of water, cover the lid and cook for 1 whistle.
- Let the cooker cool down and then open the lid and serve.