Serving yields: 2-3 servings
Aloo Matar/Potatoes n peas curry
Every indian know how to make aloo matar curry. This is one of the most easiest yet satisfying curry of all time. I have seen or eaten this recipe of different versions but the spices used to make this curry is almost same. Every household has different taste of this, depending upon their use of spices and taste. I was going to make aloo curry for the dinner than while preparing the dish thought of adding some peas to it which will go perfect with jeera rice hence made this curry.
- 2-3 small potatoes, cut in large cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- salt oto taste
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Wash and scrub potatoes, cut in large cubes.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker over medium high heat, add cumin seeds and mustard seeds and let it get brown and splutter.
- Add chopped onions followed by garlic and ginger,cook until onions are lightly brown.
- Add crushed tomatoes, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt to taste and cook until oil separates.
- Now add cubed potatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes. Then add frozen peas and water and close the lid, cook until 2 whistle.
- Let the cooker cool and then open the lid.
- Serve hot with rice and rotis/indian bread.
Note – You can also use a deep pan with lid to cook this. I use pressure cooker as it is easier and quick.