Spaghetti in Tomato sauce and Walnuts
I have already posted spaghetti in tomato sauce but this time I had made some changes and made this pasta dish with nuts. Sometimes I get bored eating the same dish, so thought of giving slight twist to this simple spaghetti dish. I have used chopped walnuts in the sauce and it turned out awesome, so thought of posting this recipe here.
- 6 ounces whole wheat or whole grain spaghetti
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat, add onions, garlic, red chili flakes and cook it for 2-3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Now add crushed tomatoes, dried oregano, bell pepper salt to taste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add the cooked spaghetti , chopped walnuts and grated parmesan cheese to the sauce and mix everything well.
- Garnish with little of parmesan cheese on top and serve.