Recipe Yields: 16 muffins
Blueberry Muffins with a Lemon Twist
On the 4th of July long weekend we were going to travel to Ohio, so I was thinking to pack some snack so that we can munch on while travelling. Also, I had a pint of blueberry lying in the fridge which is obviously not going to be fresh when we will return back. So, this is the best way to make use of the blueberries. Also, while making this I was thinking what else can I add to this and saw a lemon in my fridge and added some grated lemon zest to the muffins. Needles to say we enjoyed this combination of lemon zest and blueberries together.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 12 tablespoon butter, at room temperature
- 3 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 lemon for zest
- Pre heat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and keep it aside.
- In a bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar until blended completely.
- Add one eggs at a time and mix well. Now add vanilla extract, sour cream, lemon zest and mix well.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combine together. You will have to add dry ingredients in batches.
- With the help spatula fold in blueberries to the batter and mix well. Do not over mix the batter.
- Prepare a muffins tin by placing liners and brush the outer part of the tray with butter .
- Spoon the batter in the prepared muffins tins with liners and bake .
- Bake for 20-25 minutes on 350 deg fahrenheit or until a tooth pick inserted come out clean.
- Cool it on wire rack and serve at room temperature.
Enjoy this cute little goodness…
Recipe Adapted from : Ina Garten