Aloo paratha is the staple food in every house in india. This stuffed paratha used to be there in my lunch box once in a week. I love to eat this just by rolling it in my hand with some pickle and curd. Sometimes I just eat it like that. I do not know about any body else but I never get bored with this food. So keep making this once in a while. So, here’s goes the recipe for my version or to be precise my mom’s version of aloo paratha. I hope you make this and treat yourself.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour, kneaded
- 2 large potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 2 green chillies, de-vined and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped and minced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 cup chopped green coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil for greasing paratha
- Knead dough as you do it to make roti’s and keep it in a fridge for sometime, so that it gets little easier to handle the dough while stuffing.
- Boil the potatoes in pressure cooker for 2 whistle and let the cooker cool down and then open the lid.
- Take out the potatoes from the cooker and let it cool down enough for you to handle with hand.
- Peel it and then mash the same.
- To the mashed potatoes, add onions, green chillies, red chilli powder, garlic, turmeric powder, ajwain, garam masala powder, salt to taste and coriander leaves.
- Mix everything well using your hand. Stuffing for aloo paratha is ready.
- Divide the dough into ball-sized portions and roll between your hands till they are smooth and without cracks.
- Take this ball sized dough and make a small pouch to fill the stuffing and gently close the pouch by joining all the sides together.
- Press this stuffed pouch in between your palms to flatten it, so that you can roll it into circle.
- Heat the griddle and fry the paratha by glazing the oil on the surface of the paratha. Repeat this for the other side of paratha too.
- The paratha is done when both the side is golden brown or crispy.
- Serve it with curd and pickles of your choice.