Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Ciabatta Sandwich with Turkey Burger
I love sandwiches and keep modifying with different ingredients every time. There is no rule to follow for perfect sandwich, only thing you can do is add and subtract what you like and dislike. At least it hold true for us. We made this sandwich with ciabatta bread which is an italian bread and turkey burger. And this sandwich was really filling, we enjoyed this with some kettle roasted potato chips and coke.
For the Sandwich:
6 Ciabatta bread, square ones
1 green bell pepper, sliced
For the Burger:
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly grounded black pepper
- 2 green chillies, de-vined and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- Heat a gas grill.
- Place the ground turkey in a large bowl and add all the ingredients mentioned above for the burger.
- Shape the meat into 6 patties of equal size and thickness around 3 inch in diameter.
- When the grill is medium hot, brush the grill with oil to avoid burger sticking to the grill.
- Place the burger on the grill and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side. flipping only once or else the burger can break .
For the tomato Spread:
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, add garlic, onions and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add crushed tomatoes, dried oregano, salt to taste and cook until oil separates.
- Cool the tomato sauce before layering on the bread.
Assembling of the Sandwich:
- Meanwhile wash a green bell pepper and cut in large slices.
- Sautee in a pan with some salt and freshly ground black pepper. Once done keep it aside.
- To assemble the sandwiches cut the bread into halves and slightly toast the same on the grill by keeping the cut side down.
- Spread the bottom half of the bread with the tomato spread and top with a burger, lettuce leaves and sautéed bell peppers.
- Cover with the top half of the ciabatta bread and cut into triangles to serve.