Recipe Yields: 2 Servings
I love all italian cheeses especially parmesan and fresh mozzarella cheese. Sometimes I just slice them and have it as a snack. Regarding storing them I do not know how to keep the mozzarella cheese fresh longer so, usually get in smaller quantity but in case of Parmesan cheese I get a large wedge. I wrap it in foil tightly and store it in freezer. Defrost it and have Parmesan cheese every time when I need. This way you can store parmesan cheese for longer time without spoiling them.
About this dish there is nothing more to talk about, the look of the dish speaks for itself.
- 2 chicken breast pieces, skinless and pounded
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1 teaspoon milk
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pound the chicken breast pieces on the cutting board using a rolling-pin. Once done keep it on a plate and season with generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Take one more plate and mix together the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, chopped spinach leaves, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper and chilli flakes.
- To one more plate crack one egg and beat the same with some milk lightly.
- Heat a large pan with butter and olive oil on medium heat.
- Dip the chicken in egg mixture flipping both the sides and then coat in bread crumbs and parmesan mixture nicely.
- Place in coated chicken breast pieces in pan and cook throughly on both the side about 5-7 minutes on medium heat.
- Cover the pan once to ensure it cook properly.
- Once done let it rest for some time and then serve.
Recipe adapted from Barefoot contessa – back to basics by Ina Garten.
Thanks everyone for dropping by and for all those lovely comments out here.
I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend ahead …tk care!