Penne Pasta with Parmesan chicken
I always use my leftovers to make a new dish. Its likes who wants to eat the same dish over and over again. So, when I had made chicken parmesan yesterday for dinner we had some leftovers of the same. In the morning I have decided to make this penne for our lunch with some tomato-pepper sauce and serve with the leftover parmesan chicken. so, here goes the simple recipe for the pasta dish:
- 2 cups whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- to taste freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat, add onions, garlic, red chili flakes, chopped green bell pepper and cook it for 2-3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Now add crushed tomatoes, dried oregano, black pepper, salt to taste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add the cooked penne pasta , grated parmesan cheese to the sauce and mix everything well.
- Garnish with little of parmesan cheese on top and serve with the sliced parmesan chicken.