I have already confessed that I am not a big fan of green leafy vegetable. So, I keep sneaking this veggies in my regular dishes in that way I will get my regular intake of veggies and I happily enjoy them too. And I am really getting good at it. So, I always keep some green leafy veggies and substitute in my dishes for the color and of course for healthy reason.
I am going to share this simple dal recipe with palak/Spinach which is perfect with some hot rice.
So, here goes the recipe for the same:
- 1/2 cup yellow dal( Arhar dal)
- 1/2 cup red lentils/orange dal( split masoor dal)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
For dal tadka:
- 2 cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 green chillies, de-vined, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Wash and pressure cook dal with turmeric powder, salt to taste and 2 cups of water.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, add cumin seeds and let it get brown.
- Add chopped onions, garlic, ginger, green chillies and cook until onions get translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and salt to taste, cook until masala separates from oil about 3-4 minutes.
- Now add spinach to the masala and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the leaves are quilted.
- Add cooked dal in the pan with some water for consistency. Stir well and give a boil.
- Serve hot with rice and desi ghee on top.
This is the first award pass on to me by Aipi of USMasala…I have recently started visiting her blog and needless to say fall in love with her recipes and the tempting pics of them. Yesterday, only I was going through her slide show linked through picasa web albums and was really impressed with her cooking skills and photographs. My advise to everyone who visits me is that please have a look at her blog and you will get to know what I am talking about. Most of you have already familiar with her blog.
Thank you once again Aipi for this recognition. Appreciated.
In order to accept this award she has set up some guidelines..so, following that:
Here are some 7 random facts about me:
I love my hubby and son more than anything in life.
I have started cooking after getting married and as you can see I am getting an expert on this..:)
I am person who take time to open up with people.
I love shopping, travelling and trying out different cusinies.
I love sea and can spend the whole day stirring at it..its so relaxing.
I love all snack food especially vada pav, bhel puri, pani puri and the list goes on.
I am not a big fan of sports but yeah sometimes drag myself to give company to my dearest husband.
I would like to share the same with some of my bloggers friends who I visit and their recipes amaze me everytime:
To accept this award the guidelines are:
Thank the person who pass on this award to you.
Tell Seven random thoughts about yourself.
Pass the award on to 15 bloggers who you think are fantastic.