I know this sandwich is very simple and anyone can think off. But I love simple yet tasty dishes to eat. For me the dish should look good before even I tried them out, I know I am crazy but that’s how I am. My mom use to scold me a lot because I was such a picky eater. Now I understand what all she has to go through with such a picky eater like me. Thank God my 18 month old son is not like me. He is just like his dad who happily eat whatever I make without any complains.
For the tomato Spread:
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, add garlic, onions, green bell pepper and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add crushed tomatoes, dried oregano, salt to taste and cook until oil separates.
- Cool the tomato sauce before layering on the bread.
For the egg Omelette:
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon or a pinch of freshly grounded black pepper
- salt to taste
Crack the eggs and whisk slightly with a fork mix them with black pepper and salt.
Heat a pan on medium high heat, brush generously with olive oil and then pour the egg mixture into the pan and spread just like you will do it for crepe or dosa. It should be very thin. Cook both the side slightly golden brown and transfer to a plate and cool off.
Assembling of the Sandwich:
- To assemble the sandwiches cut the bread into halves and slightly toast the same on the grill by keeping the cut side down.
- Spread the bottom half of the bread with the tomato spread and half of the egg omelette.
- Cover with top half of the ciabatta bread and cut into triangles to serve.