Recipe Yields: 2 servings
Idli Chilli Fry
I wanted to make this dish for very long time, even have tried couple of times but it did not turn out as envisioned. This dish I had once in a restaurant in Pune and since then I just keep trying to get the same dish and recently had a success in executing this. This is very simple and great use of left over idli’s .
- 10-15 idli’s, cut in quarters
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, cut in big chunks
- 1 small broccoli head, remove the florets
- 1 medium carrots, cut in julienne
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoon Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat, add sliced onions, garlic , red chilli flakes and chopped green chillies and cook for 2 minutes or so.
- Add all the veggies and salt to taste, saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a pan and add the idli’s and roast until slightly red on each sides. Do not over crowd the pan with idli’s, if required do it in batches. Once done keep it aside.
- Now to the veggies add chilli sauce, worcestershire sauce and crushed tomatoes. Stir well.
- Cook for 3-4 more minutes and then add idli to the sauce and combine gently.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.