Honey Lemon and Vanilla Pound Cake
I love pound cake, its has such rich and simple texture which melts in your mouth. Every bite feels like you really having something and you cannot just have one slice. This is the simplest and easiest way to bake a cake and you can add, substitute what all ingredients you want or in hand. You can use cake flour to make this cake but as I said you can easily subsitute the ingredients. So, I have used all purpose flour for the same if you are using cake flour then use two cups of it.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 extra large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree farhenhit.
- Grease the bottom and side of pan and then keep a parchment paper on the bottom and again grease well. I have used 8 1/2 * 4 1/2 *2 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Sift flour and corn starch together and mix with salt, baking powder and keep it aside.
- In a electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until light yellow and fluffy about 3-4 minutes.
- Add one egg at a time and incorporate them well. Now add vanilla extract, lemon zest, honey and combine them together.
- Add dry ingredients to the batter and slowly incorporate them. Do it in two batches.
- With the help of rubber saptula bring the batter together and pour it in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes and until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean and the top of the cake is golden brown.
- Take out the pan and cool for 15-20 minutes and then remove the cake from the pan and cool compelety.
- Slice them and serve.
Recipe adapted from Barefoot contessa back to basis book.