Sabudana is also called tapioca pearls. It’s completely gluten and protein free. You can read more about this here. I usually make sabudana khichdi for snack or breakfast but this time I have experimented little bit and made patties out of it. Usually this patties are deep-fried in oil and you will find this in every restaurant in Mumbai especially on Tuesdays for fasting menu. This is a perfect snack with a cup of tea which satisfies your hunger anytime.
- 1 cup Sabudana/Sago seeds
- 2 medium-sized boiled potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 green chillies, deveined and chopped
- 5-6 fresh curry leaves, chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Wash sabudana/sago seeds couple of times under running tap water. Drain and keep it for 30 minutes soaked in very little amount of water. After 30 minutes you will see they are puffed up and double in volume.
- Mash boiled potatoes in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Remove the skin of roasted peanuts and then crushed them in food processor by giving 2 or 3 spins. I mean you should get some powdered and some bite size pieces of peanuts.
- Heat oil in pan over medium high heat, add green peas and turmeric powder and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the peas are slightly roasted.
- Combine green peas with the mashed potatoes, crushed peanuts, green chillies, curry leaves, soaked sabudana/sago seeds and salt to taste and mix everything together.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal parts and roll them in between your palms and then press down as you will do in case of patties.
- Head a griddle and pan fry them both the sides by using oil. Patties are done when both the sides are crispy and golden brown.
- Serve hot with cup of tea and ketchup. Enjoy.