Udon noodles in Veggies
I like to make easy breezy dinner on the weekends. I got an idea of this dinner from Wegmans pamphlet, So I looked in on the site and got the recipe which I have modified according to our taste and liking. This is non-vegetarian version of the noodles but if you are vegetarian you can also try out this recipe with mushrooms and I can guarantee you that you will not be disappointed.
- 2 chicken breast, cut in long strips
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 portabla mushroom, gills removed, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup sweet snap peas
- 1 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grounded black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoon kikkoman soya sauce
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 servings of Udon Noodles(Japanese wheat noodles), cook as per the direction on package.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat and add the chicken pieces and cook until they are golden brown. Once done keep it aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in another pan over medium high heat, add onions followed by garlic and red chilli flakes.
- Add the veggies and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Add the sauces , cooked chicken pieces, salt to taste, freshly grounded black pepper and mix everything well.
- Toss in the cooked noodles and garnish with chopped spring onions and serve.