Recipes Yields: 12 Cupcakes
Ginger , Zucchini and Lemon Cupcakes
I had some zucchini lying in my fridge for some days and I was wondering what else I can do with this veggies except the regular addition to pasta or noodles. Fortunately I saw this recipe of the healthiest cupcakes on the wall of wordpress.
So I look it into the recipe and thought of giving this a try. I am not a big fan of frosting or should I say I don’t like to eat the frosting. But this light frosting works very well with this cupcake and it turned out so cute and beautiful.
So, heres goes the recipe.
Recipe adapted from here.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Combine all the dry ingredients together and keep it aside.
- Preheat a oven to 350 deg farhenheit. Prepare a muffins tin by placing liners and brush the outer part of the tray with butter and keep it aside.
- Take a large bowl, whisk in olive oil, honey, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon,grated ginger and lemon zest. Slowly with the help of saptula mix in the grated zucchini with the wet ingredients.
- Working in batches add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and incorporate well.
- Spoon the batter in the prepared muffins tins with liners and bake .
- Bake for 20-25 minutes on 350 deg fahrenheit or until a tooth pick inserted come out clean.
- Cool it on wire rack and meanwhile prepare the frosting.
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest, some for garnishing
- 1 Tbsp butter, at room temperature
In a electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat all the ingredients under frosting until light and fluffy about 3-4 minutes.
Frost the cupcake and garnish with some lemon zest to serve.