Recently while shopping our weekly groceries I came across this new Pepperidge Farm deli flat thin rolls. These are perfect to make sandwiches, burgers and pizzas in a more healthy way without compromising the taste.
This pizza is simple,easy and quick to make with very less ingredients . So, here I am sharing our pizza recipe which we have tried over the weekend with this bread and it was the best pizza I have ever had without consuming much calories…:).
- 4 Pepperidge Farm deli flat rolls (I use the 100% whole wheat)
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper,thinly sliced
- 1 small purple onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 garlic, roughly crushed
- 3 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- salt to taste
- Heat oven to 350 deg fahrenheit.
- Split each roll into layers. Place on a sheet and toast the slices until they’re lightly browned.
- Meanwhile prepare the toppings, start with peppers. Heat 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil in a pan, add peppers, onions, salt and cook for 2-3 minutes. In between add Worcestershire sauce for flavouring the veggies. Once done keep it aside.
- In the same pan add the rest 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil, red chilli flakes and garlic. Cook for a couple of seconds without burning the garlic and then add the spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they are slightly wilted. Take out the garlic clove before topping on the bread.
- Spread tomato sauce on each slice of bread, top the bread slices with pepper mixture, spinach and cheese.
- Bake the slices in oven for just until the cheese is melted.
- And serve!