I like to make Italian food especially pastas which is easiest and quickest meal to prepare with flavorful ingredients and rich sauce.
Traditionally, this sauce is served with spaghetti, although you can use any pasta you like. The flavors of Kalamata Olives and Capers in this dish compliment each other very well.
- 6 ounce Spaghetti, cook as per package directions
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 anchovies fillets, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 small white onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoon capers, washed and drained
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and cut in halves
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 large fresh tomato, chopped
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Grated parmesan cheese for garnishing
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium high heat, add onions, garlic, anchovies fillets and crushed pepper. Cook until onions are translucent and anchovies completely melted in oil about 2-3 minutes.
- Add onions, tomatoes, capers to the skillet and cook covered until the sauce is bubbly and thickens a bit.Stir occassionaly about 7-8 minutes.
- Now add kalamata olives , black pepper to taste and cook until your pasta is ready.
- Toss sauce with cooked pasta, basil leaves, grated cheese and serve.
Recipe Adapted from: Food network