The funny thing about this post is whenever I feel like making/baking something with banana, I would be out of banana at home. Then I have to buy most ripen banana from the store which I regularly not even touch..:)..For the reason that this will not even last two or three days .
To be honest banana bread is the most easy and delicious thing to bake at home.After getting the main ingredient I decided to make this for our weekend breakfast and the best part is it does not require a mixer.
I would say this is the best banana bread recipe I have ever tried. The result is an super moist and perfect bread to serve for breakfast or anytime in between.
I gave a slice of banana bread to my son and asked him “How is it baby?” and his verdict was YUMMY MOMMY…:)
- 3 ripe banana, smashed
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup walnut, chopped
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon milk
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Lightly grease a loaf pan so that the bread comes out easily and does not stick.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt and keep it aside. This will be your dry ingredients.
- Take a large mixing bowl, mix butter and sugar until the sugar melts. Add eggs, vanilla, milk , walnuts and mashed bananas. Mix everything until compelety blended.
- Now add the dry ingredients in batches and incorporate well.
- Pour the prepared batter in loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted into center of the loaf, comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for about 15 minutes, remove from pan and slice to serve.
Recipe Adapted from: Simplyrecipes.com