I always keep a packet of nutrela chunks in my pantry because you can make so much out of it. When I am not in mood of elaborate cooking this always comes to my rescue. Throw in some veggies, potatoes and rice and add some soya chunks to have a wholesome meal.
Recently I have asked my hubby to get some soya chunks from Indian grocery store on the way to home. And instead of getting soya chunks, he got a packet of soya granules. Those of you who uses this product will know that there is no difference in packet and both looks the same. And this granules are sitting in my pantry since then. So, in order to use this I decided to make some patties and it really turned out wonderful.
I am glad that he mistakenly got something good for me to try my hands on. Or else I would never have thought of getting these granules and making patties out of them. Even my son enjoyed eating couple of bites of the patties though it was bit spicy for him.
- 1 cup soya granules
- 1 large potatoes
- 1/3 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1 small carrot, cut in small cubes
- 1 green chilli, devined and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh methi leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon worchesterire sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Wash and pressure cook potato. Once cooled, peel and mash the cooked potatoes.
- Keep soya granules in hot water for 5-10 minutes. Drain the granules and keep it aside.
- In a hot boiling water, add carrots, peas and corn and boil for 5-7 minutes. You want veggies to be tender not overcooked, once done, drain the same and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the mashed potatoes, veggies and rest of all the above mentioned ingredients.
- Take a handful of mixture, form it into a smooth ball by lightly pressing in between your palms. Repeat the same to complete the rest of the mixture.
- Make an assembly of three plates, one with bread crumb mixture, beaten eggs and soya patties.
- Dip soya patties in beaten eggs and then in bread crumb mixture and slightly press to flatten it. Repeat the same to complete the rest of the patties.
- Heat oil in a flat pan over medium high heat, fry the patties in hot oil on both the sides until golden brown and crispy. Do not turn to other side until one side is completely done. Drain excess oil on paper towel.
- Repeat the same for the rest of soya patties.
- Serve hot with ketchup and enjoy.