Masala shrimp is one of the easiest preparation of this fish I have tried recently. Also, I have never cooked this fish from the scratch, I mean starting from cleaning, deveining and then preparing this for our dinner…impressive atleast for me. I always get the cleaned shrimp from the store but this time thought of cleaning by myself. And to my surprise it was not that hard of work to do… 🙂
Without further delay here’s goes the recipe for deliciously yummy masala shrimp.
- 1 pound medium shrimp, cleaned and devined
- 3 small white onions
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 inch grated ginger
- 1 green chilli, deveined and chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Heat oil in pan over medium high heat, add cumin seeds and mustard seeds and let it get splutter.
- Add chopped onions followed by garlic and ginger,cook until onions are lightly brown.
- Add tomatoes, green chillies, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder , curry leaves and salt to taste and cook until oil separates.
- Now add cleaned shrimp to the masala and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp turns opaque.
- Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle cilantro leaves on top to serve.