I love baking bread especially sweet bread which we can have it with cup of tea. In the morning when I was giving my son breakfast which is his favorite nutella and bread, I thought of making some nutella bread for evening. Also I wanted to make this little bit healthier in comparsion to regular breads. so, that I will not feel guilty after having a slice or two which I did know because if it’s with nutella I am going to take the second slice for sure.. 🙂
Hence I made this healthier version of nutella bread which was so soft, moist and full of nutella goodness inside. As soon as I cut the slices, my son ran with the first slice and started eating, even without tasting it I knew it was good or else he would not have been eating it.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup yogurt
- 6 tablespoon nutella
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit. Lightly grease a loaf pan so that the bread comes out easily and does not stick.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt and keep it aside. This will be your dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl beat the butter with the sugar at medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. With the mixer at medium-low-speed, add the eggs, one at a time, making sure each one gets incorporated before adding the next one. Add the vanilla extract and yogurt and incorporate everything well. Add the flour mixture in 3 batches, beating at low speed between additions until incorporated. Continue to beat for 30 seconds more. Take care not to over beat the mixture.
- Spread one-third of the batter in the prepared pan, then spread 3 tablespoon of the Nutella on top. Lightly swirl the nutella into the batter with a butter knife. Repeat with another third of the batter and the remaining Nutella. Top with the remaining batter. Do not overmix.
- Bake the cake for about 60-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the top is browned and cracked. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove the bread from the pan and cool on a wire rack, about an hour.
- Slice and serve at room temperature. Enjoy!!