I think every one is familiar with samosa, one of the most loved and enjoyed snack of every Indian. Chaat is a street food very popular in India, there are different types of chaat. Basically chaat is a plate of savoury snack which has a base of some fried dough top with chutney and some other ingredients and masala. The common ingredients in the chaat is yogurt, tamarind chutney, green chutney, chaat masala, red chilli powder, kala namak, red chilli powder and some greens to garnish the plate. Chaat is something you can’t say no to, the name itself makes you crave for it.
Last week when we were dinning out in one of the indian restaurant, hubby ordered samosa chaat as an appetizer and it was not as good as it should be. Hence without any second thought I made this and the verdict was amazingly delicious. You can decide just looking at the pics how amazing it was!
Samosa (Click here for the recipe)
Chhole Masala Gravy ( Click here for the recipe)
- 6 samosas
- Chhole Masala Gravy
- Tamarind date chutney
- Mint chutney
- Chaat masala
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt/kala namak
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup yogurt and salt beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fine sev
- Dried cranberries for garnishing
- Take a serving plate, place two samosa on it, mash or poke the same lightly.
- Pour a ladle full of chhole masala on top of samosa. Add chopped tomatoes, green chillies and onions on top.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of mint chutney and sweet tamarind date chutney and yogurt on top of this.
- Sprinkle black salt, red chilli powder and chaat masala.
- Garnish with chopped mint leaves, cilantro leaves, dried cranberries and sev.
- Serve hot!