Recipe Yields: 12 muffins
I was just going through my recipe index and saw this chocolate chip muffins and to be honest that was the best muffin recipe I have ever tried. The recipe is so simple and easy to put together. Looking at the pics, I started craving some muffins with some chocolate.
And then I decided to bake this simple vanilla cupcakes with chocolate ganache..yummm..sounds heavenly, correct..it was..
The cupcakes were soft, buttery and has melt-in-mouth kinda of taste with a chocolate ganache on top. These cupcakes are simple but the chocolate ganache on top take it to the level of deliciousness which you will know only after taking a bite of it..as I am writing this I can’t stop visualizing the flavor of those yummy cupcakes in my mouth. I hope you try this recipe and see how easy and delicious this cupcake are.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 extra-large egg, at room temperature
- 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For Chocolate Ganache:
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounce good semi sweet chocolate chips ( I have used Ghirardelli)
- 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Pre heat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Line muffin pans with 12 paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and keep it aside.
- In a bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar until blended completely.
- Add one eggs at a time and mix well. Now add vanilla extract, yogurt and mix well.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combine together. You will have to add dry ingredients in batches. Do not over mix the batter.
- Spoon the batter in the prepared muffins tins with liners and bake .
- Bake for 20-25 minutes on 350 deg fahrenheit or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool it on wire rack before putting the ganache on cupcakes.
- Meanwhile, On top of a double boiler, cook the heavy cream, chocolate chips, oil and instant coffee until smooth and warm, stirring occasionally.
- Dip the top of each cupcake in the ganache and cool the same before serving.