Brownies are very easy to make and undoubtedly most delicious and satisfying baked dessert ever. It is similar to cake but not exactly cakes. The best part of making brownies is you don’t have to go through the recipe line by line. Also, you need not have to go shopping for ingredients if you enjoy baking, I meant chances are there that you have all the ingredients in hand. Just mix, throw in some ingredients, pour in a baking dish and bake. Isn’t it sounds simple and decadent to you!
I have made this beautiful, pretty looking brownies earlier this week. These are great brownies made even more decadent with cream cheese; it is moist, nutty, rich and full of chocolate flavor. Something different than usual chocolate brownies which you will crave for.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoon butter, cut in small cubes
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon bitter-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For cream cheese mixture:
- 8 ounce cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, leaving the ends long to help lift the baked brownies. Lightly grease the same.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sauce pan melt bitter-sweet chocolates chips and butter over low heat. Cook until mixture is completely melted and silky smooth. Set aside and allow the mixture to slightly cool down.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and sugar to the above mixture and beat slightly until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, chocolate chips and walnuts. Working in two batches combine this dry ingredients with the wet ingredients using a spatula.
- Once the mixture is homogenous, pour it in a prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- For the cream cheese filling, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat until just combined. Add the egg yolks and beat until smooth.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the top of the chocolate mixture and using a knife, swirl it through the chocolate mixture. Do not over mix.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Let the brownies cool completely before removing them from the pan.
- Allow to cool thoroughly, refrigerate, and cut into large squares.