I love making my own pizza dough, I don’t know I never got comfortable with the store bought ones. Since I can remember, I always make my own and its hardly any diffcult. You just need to throw in some ingredients, knead and let it rise. In couple of hours, you will have your own pizza dough to make a perfect pizza crust. You can also freeze this dough and use it later. Whenever I am making the dough, I always make some exta and freeze some for later use. There’s nothing better than making your own pizza crust and enjoy the goodness every bite.
Everyone has a favorite recipe and have different idea of perfect pizza crust but believe me this is the ultimate pizza crust recipe. After trying countless recipe, I think I am going to stick with this one, hence posting it here……what I love about this recipe is the dough came out so smooth and beautiful. And after baking it, it is crispy on the outside, fluffy and soft on the inside. No matter what kind of crust you what to make, thin or thick it always turned out great. Hence this is the great pizza crust recipe that is fool proof. Try it once and you will never go looking for some other recipe…I know that!!
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 cup warm water ( about 100 or 110 degree F)
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine the yeast, honey and water and stir gently to dissolve. Let the mixture stand until the yeast comes alive and starts to foam, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the 2 tablespoon of olive oil and salt to the yeast-honey-water mixture.
- Dump the flour in a large mixing bowl, slowly adding the yeast mixture , knead the dough until smotth and no longer sticky.
- Shape the dough into a large ball and coat lightly with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Place in a bowl and cover with a damp towel. Set in a warm place to rise until doubled in size about 1 hour.
- After the dough has risen, time to Knead back the dough again ,knead it to push all the air out of it.
- Punch down the dough and divide into 3 equal parts. This will make three 12 inch pizzas.
- At this point, you can use the dough immediately for whatever you had planned. Otherwise, you can freeze it in a frezzer bag for later use.
Whenever you feel like having pizza at home, just take out the dough from the freezer and let it get thaw over the counter for couple of hours, throw in you favorite topping and sauce AND enjoy!! It can’t get any easier than this!! So, try out and enjoy your homemade pizza fresh from the oven. YUM!!
- 1 Batch Pizza dough
- tomato basil sauce(store bought)
- cooked chicken breast pieces,cubed
- cherry tomatoes(halves), green bell pepper(cubed), yellow bell pepper(cubed), Red onion(cubed), 1 garlic(crushed), 1 teaspoon chilli garlic sauce, 1 teaspoon EVOO, salt to taste.
- grated mozzarella cheese
While the dough is rising, toss together the veggies in olive oil, salt, crushed garlic, garlic chilli sauce and keep it aside to marinate.
- Place pizza pan in the lower third of the oven. Heat the oven to highest temperature of your oven for at least 15 minutes. Shape the dough and transfer to a pizza pan dusted with semolina or cornmeal. Spread the sauce, then place the marinated veggies on top of sauce. Sprinkle chicken and top with the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake until the crust edges brown and cheese is golden brown in spots, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve!