I love baking and I think it’s an exotic art. I still remember the first time I tried baking a cake with store-bought mix that turned out to be a disaster.But I never gave up and tried my hands on this art slowly and progressively. It’s really wonderful to see your gooey-doughey stuff placed in the oven turns into something incredibly delicious! Once you get hold of this art, it’s an addiction that’s hard to get rid of.There are days when I will bake two to three days in a row. Having a passion for baking can sometimes be tricky when there is only two of us eating my baked goodies.
The other day I was in a mood to bake some cookies. Cookies are very simple and easy to make and there is endless combination you can do with a cookies. I love oatmeal cookies and peanut butter cookies, so I have decided to combine these two with some chocolate chips and cranberries. And I’m glad I did, because these cookies were totally irresistible. And the texture on these cookies are magical! Soft and tender inside and outside, with just a bit of texture from the oats, and packed with peanut butter and chocolate-cranberry flavor. Ahh!! total Bliss!! These cookies are easy to put together and in less than an hour, you’ll have a batch of fresh and irresistible cookies. As you can see these are big monster cookies. I’m saying just one will fill you up. You could push for two, but one was really plenty for me.
Recipe Yields : 15-16 cookies
Recipe Adapted from: Browneyedbaker
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir together oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In the bowl of a electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, peanut butter, sugars and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy and pale in color, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the egg to the bowl and beat to combine. With the mixer on low-speed, gradually add the flour mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and cranberries .
- Using a tablespoon(take approx 2 tablespoon of dough) or an ice cream scoop, drop balls of dough 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until golden brown and just set, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.