I love ice cream, which is no more a secret now. And if its summer, then I got the excuse to make this at home. I keep thinking of new flavors for ice cream and ice pops. I don’t know there’s something really fascinating when I see ice cream recipes on food blogs. So, this time I have decided to make this blueberry cream cheese ice cream!
The best things about this recipe is that you do not need an ice cream maker to make this decadent dessert. Still the outcome will be smooth, creamy and amazingly delicious homemade ice cream..mmm…so, go ahead and try this!
Blueberry Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream
Recipe Adpated from: kitchensimplicity.com
For blueberry sauce:
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can minus 3 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- 6 ounce philadelphia cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil on medium heat, keep stirring. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and chill the sauce before layering.
- For the ice cream, whip 1/2 cup of heavy cream with condensed milk until smooth. Add remaining 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream and vanilla, whip until stiff peaks form.
- In a ziplock container, layer the ice cream mixture and blueberry sauce and swirl. Freeze for 4-6 hours,preferably overnight.