I have to say…I am getting addicted to making popsicle.I don’t know what is making me crazy, the heat, the color of popsicle, the flavor or the deliciousness of every other popsicles I’m making.
It’s getting so hot every other day that I just want to eat these pretty pops for my lunch, snack and dinner. And to me there’s no harm in doing that, right..because I know what is in there. Even I don’t feel guilty handing one or two pops in a day to my little one. And the recipe is so simple and yet so refreshingly delicious.
- 4 cups of chopped watermelon
- 8-9 frozen blackberries
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2-3 tbsp honey, adjust according to your taste
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until well blended and smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds. Insert sticks when partially frozen and freeze until solid, preferably overnight.
- To remove the popsicle from the mold, just run warm water around the mold and pull on the sticks to remove the pops. OR else Let the mold stand at room temperature for about 2-3 minutes and pull the sticks to unmold.
- If using wooden ice pop sticks, soak sticks for 30 minutes in warm water before inserting into pops, this helps keep them from floating up when inserted into molds.
- Taste for sweetness and add more honey if necessary (it should be too sweet as it will lose sweetness after freezing.)