I love muffins. They are so easy to make and perfect for breakfast or snacking in between. Its been a while since I made muffins at home. Every week during our grocery shopping, I was getting some Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Muffins from Wegmans. Finally yesterday I thought to bake some at home. I am glad i did because these muffins are light, flavorful and delicious. And the best part of these muffins is that they are not too sweet, the way I wanted. I love these muffins with a cup of tea.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 extra large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and place liners in a muffin pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Then add the chocolate chips to the flour mixture.
- In another mixing bowl, blend the bananas on low speed for 3-5 minutes until well mashed.
- Add the oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla and mix again on low speed for 1 minute until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and combine until just blended. Don’t over mix the batter.
- Divide batter equally among muffin cups, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake muffins 20-25 minutes, until tops are starting to brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool on a rack for 5-20 minutes then remove muffins to a rack to cool to room temperature.