I have made this pav to have it with misal and it turned out AWESOME. So, thought of sharing the recipe with you all.
- 3 cups all puropse flour
- 2 ¼ tsp instant dry yeast
- 2 tbsp maple syrup(or you can use honey)
- 1 cup warm milk plus 2tbsp water
- 2 heaped tbsp Amul butter( you can use any salted butter)
- 2 tbsp butter to brush the Pav
- Mix maple syrup and yeast in luke warm milk and let it sit for 5-7 minutes, until it begins to bubble.
- In another bowl, mix together the amul butter and all-purpose flour.
- Start kneading the dough with 1 cup of yeast-milk mixture until you get a smooth, elastic ball of dough. If it is too dry, add 1 tbsp. water at a time. If it is too wet, add 1 tbsp. flour at a time. I have added 2 tbsp of more water.
- Coat a big bowl with the tablespoon of oil, drop in the dough, and coat with oil all over. Seal the bowl with plastic wrap, and let it rise in a warm place until doubled, about an hour.
- Punch air out of dough. Divide the dough into 8 equal sized round balls.
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper, almost touching, about 1 inch apart.
- Cover with a kitchen towel, and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees farheit. When rolls have risen, brush them generously with butter.
- Bake rolls until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool to serve.
Instead of salted butter, you can add 2 tbsp of unsalted butter and 1 tbsp salt to the flour.