Recipe Yields: 2 Servings
I had this snack as an appetizer in Olive Garden and since then I wanted to make this at home. But some or the other way its was not happening or should I say the deep-fried makes me delaying the execution. Finally I have decided to make this yesterday and it turn out great. Perfect snack with a cup of hot tea what more you can ask for.
- 1 medium-sized Zucchini, cut in 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grounded black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 2 extra-large eggs, slightly beaten
- Oil for deep-frying
- Marinate the zucchini slices with salt and black pepper. Keep it aside.
- Meanwhile, mix bread crumbs, salt, black pepper and parmesan cheese together.
- Heat oil for deep-frying. And make an assembly of three plates, one with bread crumb mixture, beaten eggs and sliced zucchini.
- Dip zucchini in beaten eggs and then in bread crumb mixture and again do the second coating with egg and then bread crumb mixture and deep fry.
- Fry at medium to medium heat and cook until golden brown and crispy to both the sides.
- Serve hot with sauce of your choice and enjoy.