I started eating broccoli after coming to US. Broccoli is a good source of protein, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, vitamin K, folic acid and fiber. Because of its nutritional value broccoli is considered to be super veggie. It’s really hard not to like this veggie if you cook properly,overcooking them really spoils the taste.
I often make this by just blanching the veggie for couple of minutes and toss it with some noodles, pasta and serve. But this time I thought of roasting this veggie and toss it with sesame oil, soy sauce , and sesame seeds which i have adapted from here . A bowl of this healthy delicious veggie is a complete meal in itself.
- 1 pound broccoli, stem removed and crowns cut into same size florets.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place broccoli in a large mixing bowl and toss it with soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil and olive oil.
- Now layer the broccoli on a large sheet pan and roast 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, stir and continue roasting for another 5 minutes, or until broccoli is crisp-tender and tips of broccoli is slightly browned.
- Once done, toss it with toasted sesame seeds and Serve hot.